328P from RBBB kit won't program

Questions about the Really Bare Bones Board
FastEddy

328P from RBBB kit won't program

Post by FastEddy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I sent this by eMail to "pbadger" <pbadger@verizon.net> on Sat 10th July but have had no response, so I thought I'd try posting it here...

Last week (two weeks ago now), I built up the RBBB. I have a problem with the atMega328P-PU chip that came with it.

I do not yet have a programmer (I ordered a BUB from you yesterday (9th July)), so I tried to program the new chip with my working sensor program first in my Duemilanove and swap the chip over. However, when I try to program it, RX and TX flash normally then I get the error message:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0002
0x61 != 0x63
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I get the same error no matter which sketch I try to load.

The original chip (same part #) from the Duemilanove is working just fine in the RBBB and reprograms between different firmware without any issues.

Googling this has been little help -- seems it is perhaps a bootloader issue?

How should I proceed?

paul
Site Admin

Re: 328P from RBBB kit won't program

Post by paul » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:38 am

Sorry about the slow reply on the email FastEddy - I've just been hammered from the move, and trying to get the business above water again.

Sounds like a chip with no bootloader, or bad chip - Send me email at the address you tried the first time and I'll send you out a new chip.

If you want to have some fun you could try and give the chip a new brain with the method shown in the playground, for burning a bootloader with just an Arduino. There's even a menu item in the tools menu for it now. You'll need to connect three or four wires from the arduino to the RBBB (presumably on a breadboard).

Paul

FastEddy

Post by FastEddy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 am

Paul,

Yes, I suspected you must have had IT issues (if not others) from the move.
I know you are very responsive and helpful on a normal day...
I will eMail again.

Thanks!

FastEddy

Post by FastEddy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Paul,

Today I received the replacements and they work perfectly - blink at power on and reprogram normally.

The USB-BUB arrived Saturday and so now I have everything fully assembled.

I want to thank you for your excellent customer service.
I am in the process of relocating a metrology laboratory and manufacturing facility myself; I sincerely hope that we can be as focused on and responsive to our customers during that process as you are to yours.

RomanceOsborn

Post by RomanceOsborn » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:40 pm

There's even a menu item in the tools menu for it now.
เล่นคาสิโนออนไลน์