Modern MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) are amazing. This chip, the MPU9250 from Invensense, is a 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis gyro, and 3 axis compass, all in one tiny package. It has an onboard processor for sensor fusion and looks perfect for a quadcopter, home spacecraft, or just body sensing. The interface to JeeNodes makes wireless sensing with this board a snap. The board is also more reasonably priced than other options.
The MPU9250 is 3.3V only, so be sure to use level converters if you connect it to 5V.
Our board breaks out to a JeeNode-style header on one side and a 4-pin I²C header on the other.
For now, if you’re a JeeNode user, you’ll have to use Port 0 (the left side of the eight-pin header), unless you want to make the JeeLib library work with this board.
The motion plug comes packed without headers.
- Aircraft data recovery
- Determining whether sugar consumption changes the average speed of a child
- Gesture controller
- Increasing the accuracy of GPS data
- Low Current Consumption: 3.4 mA (with no DMP, @ 1MHz)
- Sleep Mode Current: 8µA
- Voltage Operation Range: 2.4 V – 3.6 V
- Dimensions: 21mm x 24.2mm x 1.65mm (thick) with no headers